Mold allergy in dogs: symptoms &Treatment - Yoolma

Mold allergy in dogs: symptoms &Treatment


Advertisement

Even though small quantities of molds are harmless, they are also known to cause an allergic reaction in dogs with mold sensitivity. Atopic dermatitis is one of the common skin diseases found in dogs and is usually caused by some allergic substances found in the environment, including molds.

Most dog owners know that their dogs might have environmental allergies to dust mites, dust, and pollen grains but might not be aware of mold as an allergen.

Generally, molds are multicellular fungi found in the environment, especially in favored surfaces like leaves, woods, and plants, in the air, soil, air ducts, and basements. They grow in damp, moist, and humid places, and they do multiply through microscopic spores that are spread by air. Since dogs typically use their nose to explore their surroundings, they are at a greater risk of inhaling the molds.

After the dog that is sensitive to molds gets into contact with them, it suffers from an allergic reaction. The dog’s immune system responds to the sniffed molds extensively, also referred to as hypersensitivity. In most cases, if the reaction is chronic, it makes your dog very uncomfortable and may become painful if left untreated, thus leading to more health concerns.

Open Next Page To Continue Reading

Spread the love
Yoolma